PDA

View Full Version : Incentive Idea

Funkn3ss
16th August 2011, 02:03 PM
I had an idea about an incentives for donations.

And I am sure this is going to depend on how things get programmed, but would you allow people who donate the ability to request more then the current amount?

So right now I think you have it set to 3 requests in a 45 minute period. People who donate would be allowed (enter number here) in that time frame?

Not sure if you can seperate people out like that, or even if you get enough requests (can't imagine you don't) to make it worth while?

Cheers!

DJ Rob
16th August 2011, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure if it would bring in more donations since nobody else has voiced any want for this. And we really don't have a way to track who is requesting what either. Sorry :(

We have experimented over the last 5 years to get it where it is set now. It allows everyone to request and have it played within a good amount of time. :cool:

Funkn3ss
16th August 2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, wasn't sure how well you could track who was requesting what.

Thought I'd throw it out there.

I know I liked it better when I could pick 5 songs instead of 3, but I will take what I can get. You're usually pretty good with the email request too, so that is AWESOME!!!

Funkn3ss
16th August 2011, 10:25 PM
:D Guess I'm the only one that likes to pick stuff.

DJ Rob
17th August 2011, 02:39 AM
We get plenty of requests... but it's only usually one of two in a hour per person at the most... :D

Funkn3ss
17th August 2011, 12:49 PM
Really?!!

So then my question is are the instant requests setup to automatically queue up or is that something a warm body needs to input in to the system?

DJ Rob
17th August 2011, 04:57 PM
They come up on our computer like an email and as you say, " a warm body" plays them as soon as we can.

Funkn3ss
17th August 2011, 05:21 PM
Damn, see now I feel bad... :o I'll stop requesting so much. It's just sooo much fun! It's addicting even.

...and can now understand why you cut it back.

Alright, back to work...

Usama666
18th December 2013, 08:27 AM
I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.Sometime we ignore this sort of things and also suffer a lot as well .Thanks you for the tips.

kakao
13th December 2017, 03:47 AM
great

zero_constant
19th December 2017, 10:09 PM
I was wondering if something like a separate stream for donators, one without the pleas for funding, would be a good incentive. I don't really know how these things work though. I assume another stream would cost more and increase costs for the station, requiring even more donations.