PDA

View Full Version : No Sanctuary on Winamp :(

PrOpAiN
17th March 2017, 10:17 PM
Hi,

since I found this radio station I'm listening to it. DJ Rob, great job you're doing :)

My problem:
Since streams were updated, I have no chance to play them using Winamp.
I'm using latest version of Winamp, have tried every streaming file I was able to find and add to Winamp. That's the case for both Dark Electro and 80s Retro Channel.

If anyone has an idea what I could to to make it work again, pls let me know.
Thanks in advance, appreciate your help.

DJ Rob
17th March 2017, 10:51 PM
Is there a place to just open a link to a stream? For the Dark Electro channel just open: http://www.sanctuaryradio.com/tunein/mainchannel.pls

DJ Rob
17th March 2017, 10:52 PM
Or the Retro channel: http://www.sanctuaryradio.com/tunein/80schannel.pls

DJ Rob
17th March 2017, 10:53 PM
Try the other links on the Listen Now pages for each channel and something should work since I do see people tuned in to both channels using Winamp.

Funkn3ss
18th March 2017, 12:53 AM
Hi PrOpAiN,

I highly recommend WinAmp as do others here. Please see if this helps.

Highlight/copy the link as DJRob has provided from here and/ or the listen NOW page.

Within Winamp, click file, play URL(ctrl+L).

Paste the link in the window. Enter! :) Should hear Sanctuary!

Now, depending on your skin, there is a button for "Send this file to...". Mine is located in the window that shows the artist and track. Click "Send this file to, my bookmarks".

One more thing todo. Once the bookmark is made. Click Bookmarks on the left hand side. It will most likely show the current (at the time) artist and track. Simply right click, edit and change the name to Sanctuary!

VOILA!

Please let me know if I can clarify anything! WINAMP FTW!

Cheers!
Funk

Edit: It is entirely possible if your area is experiencing "internet" issues, you will not be able to connect.

Funkn3ss
18th March 2017, 12:55 AM
Try the other links on the Listen Now pages for each channel and something should work since I do see people tuned in to both channels using Winamp.

Damn, You can actually see the different players? Interesting.

DJ Rob
18th March 2017, 07:43 PM
If I look at the detailed stats, it shows me what player/browser it is they are using to listen with.

PrOpAiN
13th May 2017, 10:08 PM
Hey lads,

I'm horribly sorry for not getting back to you for soo long.
I finally made it work again, with the Windows Media Player file loaded in Winamp...whyever this works xD

At least I now can listen to the mainchallel in the regular way again. Concerning the retrochannel all I get, trying to load the Windows Media Player file, is a viruswarning...
pls, could you check if there's anything wrong or if it's just my stupid programm?

This time I'll not be gone for so long again ;)
Cheers mates & laters