PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about Sanctuary Radio?

DJ Rob
27th July 2007, 05:29 PM
How did you find out about Sanctuary Radio? Vote in our poll!

It will help us know where our new listeners are coming from and how to concentrate our advertising to get more listeners!

If your option isn't listed in the poll, please post it in this thread (you do not have to log in) and I'll add it to the poll! THANKS!

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE REGISTERED TO POST OR VOTE IN THIS THREAD AND POLL

samm_not_logged_in
27th July 2007, 09:29 PM
I found my way to the Sanctuary from the Convergence XIII-website, though I'm quite sure I listened to this station before via Winamp-Media Library.

Ronan
5th September 2007, 11:21 PM
We found out about Sanctuary Radio while on tour. Thanks for playing VNV Nation!

darthdewmonger
15th September 2007, 05:31 PM
A good freind out in Denver let us know. Now we are letting Milwaukee know where to tune in.

S&M
13th October 2007, 08:55 PM
Found it through Pixie, cause she rules!!!:D

LadyAttercop
15th October 2007, 01:44 AM
Jared from Head Injury Theater recommended it to me, which was highly awesome of him.

I keep a link to Sanctuary on my links page, and keep on on the front page when I'm listening to the station while updating my comic. Hopefully I've managed to spread the virus...er...good word as well.

getjeffrey
31st October 2007, 04:30 PM
i found out about SR from a former friend on myspace. he said u guys were awesome & he was rite. the only truth he ever told! ;)

Semidi
20th November 2007, 08:49 AM
Saw the link on Head Injury Theater (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/links.htm); I haven't turned it off for about a week.

I'd love for a few downloadable flyers to grab so I could spread the love around Salt Lake. That vb coded forum banner to spread the love on my frequented forums.

Miss. Mousie
28th November 2007, 07:39 AM
Ja, Head Injury Theater here, too.

MortuariezGhosts
7th December 2007, 12:48 AM
:D
I stumbled across Sanctuary Radio while trying to find a good darkwave radio internet station while at work. Its fanbloodytastic! And I just love the music that's played. It makes my work day go by a little faster.

Krona
1st April 2008, 06:07 AM
:D
I stumbled across Sanctuary Radio while trying to find a good darkwave radio internet station while at work. Its fanbloodytastic! And I just love the music that's played. It makes my work day go by a little faster.

Same.
So sad that DJ Rob has to shut it down. Too bad. This is one of the sites that I could jam with all the time, even trying to drop a dollar or two with my limited budget.

forever_tiffy
2nd January 2009, 03:04 AM
Honestly I just stumbled upon it 3 years ago. I can't even remember how it happened. However I am glad I did cause the music here is awesome. I did manage to convince two people to start listening to it and I advertise it on myspace profile so others can click it and listen to it as well. :p

joondream
11th May 2009, 05:09 PM
I found out about it by playing with the radio stations on I-Tunes at work one day. I'm happy I was goofing off that day or I might have never found it :p

Felicia
17th July 2009, 04:11 PM
My friend found this site when she was searching a good webradio (we were in school then, on our webportfolio class). We fell in love with this right away! Now I listen Sanctuary radio whenever I can <3

Louisekittycat
14th August 2009, 10:22 PM
I found Sanctuary Radio while browsing around on Darklinks.com... it has been absolutely depressing how many alternative/goth radio stations and clubs are just disappearing. I really appreciate the effort to provide an oasis for those of us who are just a little off center from the rest of the population.

lithium55
25th October 2009, 08:16 PM
Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs sent me one of your postcards so I tuned in!! I love this music sooooooooo much Thanx and I will donate as soon as I get paid.
Lithium:cool:

scarybear
4th November 2009, 02:07 AM
I downloaded the longtail tool bar and started listening to as many radio stations as possible. Came across Sanctuary, listened. Loved it, went out to your web site and made a donation in October. :D :cool:

Jadeviolette
6th January 2010, 06:48 AM
I first saw an ad for Sanctuary radio on Craigslist years ago. I try to tell everyone I know about it since there is simply no other that compares. I am not ashamed to admit that I am smitten!! Thank you sooo very much!

grrlskout
19th May 2010, 09:34 PM
I was shopping in Gothic Renaissance in NYC. It was playing while I shopped. I was impressed by the mix of music and assumed it was their store mix until I heard the Station ID. I made a mental note of the website and looked it up as soon as I got to a computer. Awesome.

pixie
20th May 2010, 04:07 PM
I found Sanctuary from my friend, Chris in 2005

Matthew
29th May 2010, 01:10 AM
I was perusing the radio stations on Itunes, hoping to find a station that played goth/industrial music. They didn't have any until I saw Sanctuary listed in the Alternative section. This was . . . oh, a year ago maybe?

antbandit
16th August 2010, 08:07 PM
Just happend to do a google search for darkwave music because sirius' so called "darkwave" show sux!

GreighVonGottreich
18th February 2011, 05:57 PM
Greets!

I found out about Sanctuary Radio (main channel) through one of my table top web-radio tuners via a general search for "Goth". This was about a week ago and haven't changed the tune since then.

Thanks!

"Don't let yesterday ruin today" -MTH

Mykah
16th May 2011, 02:05 AM
I was referred by a friend who DJ's for Second Life. He knew I'd log into SL and just park my AV somewhere just to listen to music, so he told me it would be easier to get it here :)

Funkn3ss
4th August 2011, 06:04 PM
Found you guys through Itunes after leaving Live365.

Was realling enjoying DJ Lee's 99.9 The Electric Front, but that whole fiasco with the internet royalties thing about two years ago really put a damper on his willingness to continue his station.

Really glad to have found Sanctuary! Sucks that it's not quite as financially stable as I am sure we would all like it to be.
I will continue to support you Rob for as long as I can!

Cheers!

GreyAuror
27th March 2012, 05:50 PM
Actually found it by searching in the RadioSure desktop app. :cool:

Mags Misery
1st July 2012, 01:46 PM
I found out about Sanctuary Radio through VampireFreaks.com

MissAtropine
9th September 2012, 11:13 AM
I heard through vampirefreaks.com

monster
21st September 2012, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to mention, they are pretty good for finding new stations.

DJ Rob
21st September 2012, 07:50 PM
Who would want to find a new station after finding Sanctuary? :D

Roadracerx72
22nd September 2012, 07:04 AM
Yep, Shoutcast for me. I was getting tired of the station I was listening to and finally found what I had been looking for all along. If only I had found this station earlier!!!!!! :D

infusco
11th October 2012, 10:16 PM
Shoutcast here also. Kept cycling through the different industrial stations until I settled on this one. Love the range ... most stations just settle on modern EBM, but you guys also play 90s industrial and 80s new wave/darkwave, which tickles me in all my nostalgic special places :D

ThePsychobi
17th October 2012, 02:17 AM
I found Sanctuary Radio through the moonmaiden-blix on blogspot. If I'm not wrong she is the gf or wife of DJSnIp3r. I'm very glad I did found it ^^.

Optikal Illuzion
25th November 2012, 10:42 PM
I actually heard about this station because I have the "Wise Convert" toolbar for Firefox installed, and it has a built in radio player. I finally decided to try out the radio and searched for Industrial stations, and found DigitalGunFire, but one day they weren't online, so I searched again and found Sanctuary Radio. I've been hooked ever since. :) You website is MUCH more interactive then theirs, laid out better, and easier to navigate around.

Keep up the great Rob & crew.

MikkiJayne
4th January 2016, 05:49 PM
I bought a new amp which has TuneIn and found Sanctuary while browsing darkwave stations. Sanctuary is my default station when I'm in my workshop now, and at home whenever I get a chance :cool:

PaulB
6th April 2016, 02:57 AM
i found this station using tune-in radio, i was doing a search on the song Slip and Slide and tune-in brought me here.

anderj101
29th December 2016, 02:02 PM
The poll has no option to add an entry. I found Sanctuary Radio on Tunein while searching for and hoping to find exactly what this station is. Thank you!!!

luvu2death32
2nd January 2017, 08:25 PM
Came across Sanctuary Radio looking for a good industrial/darkwave/80's goth station on the TuneIn Radio app! Now I mostly listen directly from the main website and make donations. My favorite station BY FAR!!

Kathen
22nd July 2019, 02:39 AM
I did a search for goth on my Sonos app which suggested this station on Tunein. Love this station and the fact that you take requests!