Sanctuary Radio Shoutbox

Sanctuary Radio Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: payment idea

payment idea

What if you added the option to draw monthly on peoples credit cards or checking account? Some listeners who don't come to the site but still want to support might be up for that.

Thanks for the great tunes!
    -pox

That's a great idea. Over 80% of our listeners do not visit the web site. They have our streams boookmarked and listen that way. I will look into if it's possible in Paypal to do some kind of "subscription" and offer it as an option.

paypal definitely offers this option, I've done it many times on sites in the past. You can even customize a form to let people choose how often and how much. I'd be happy to help with this but I need to know what scripting software is available on your server (php, asp.net, etc)

Thanks SelArom! I think we are using PHP. If it's not too much trouble, PM or email me the code and I'll try it out to see if it works here.

I just added some simple links to do a monthly subscription on our donation page.

http://www.sanctuaryradio.com/forums...?pageid=donate

i'm so dumb actually i dont need any scripting to do it. I think tho that what you've got should be just fine, maybe put like images instead of links, like an image for $10/mo etc...

I also think you should add $5 and $10 so that people might be more compelled to contribue that much monthly so instead of a few people making large subscriptions you can have a lot of people making small ones

Probably pointless at this time, as it looks like were off the air.

Ideal

I think I deal would be to much of the good. I can only pay with ideal. I would love to donate but theres no ideal function on here. But it only costs so much...

Cool hourly sponsorships blocks

you should allow people to sponsor or present a block of time for say $5 per 15minutes and they would have their name scroll across the stream feed before the artists name and song are presented.this could in theory bring in 24 x 4 x 5= $480 per day.
    and you could sell voice over which you insert into play list, where a listener would greet the listeners, tell them their name and where they listen and short blurt out. like " And I support Sanctuary Radio."
    both these ideas help glue you listener to the station and givings a reason to tell their friends to listen and the all important VIP effect for the listen.
    i have more but these 2 would turn this station into profitable venture if done well.
    Best of listening to all

stephen

payment idea

lolz
    that is a good idea, did webkkinz inspire you? :P

that would probably work well!
    something I've noticed in the over a year I've been lurking around here is that there's a few really good ideas floating around for solving the money issue, but nothing's quite materialized in sometime. of course, dj rob's got enough to do as it is... I wonder if some sort of delegation system could be put in place, divide responsibilities and get things done?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast