Sanctuary Radio Shoutbox

Sanctuary Radio.com Visitor Map

Poll: Should we ONLY let donators (of at least $1 or more/month) access the site/streams?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Also, it might not hurt to go on to places like Patreon, and see if you can fundraise that way.

I listen to this station almost all day on and off. To me, it is worth a donation to have all the music I like on 2 stations. Where I live, there is not much of a goth/industrial scene, if any so this station keeps me sane on most days. Have you thought about contacting clubs all over the place to set up some promotion for the station and possible donations? I know if I was out somewhere and saw an ad for the station, I would check it out. I'm all about old fashioned promotion.
    ​"I WEAR THIS CHAOS WELL"

If I had Hurst (Koch these days) money I'd bankroll the station solo. Knowing what it's like to struggle, to literally barely make it from one week to the next, I have a hard time supporting subscriber only streams. I want the people who actually can't afford to donate anything to have access as well. I have no problem whatsoever with my donations helping ppls who can't afford to contribute being able to listen to Sanctuary. Frankly, I like to feel like I help those who don't have the discretionary income for these niceties be able to be a part of the scene that they (and I, therefore we ?) love.

That said it really does kill me to see the sheer number of listeners at any given time of the day. Like Rob has said time and time again, if even HALF the people who listen to the station would give a freaking DOLLAR A MONTH Sanctuary would blow it's goal out of the water every month. Twelve bucks a year. Seriously man. Twelve bucks a year. Drink two less lattes across an ENTIRE YEAR and you can support the most awesomest bestest everest internet radio station EVAR!

Whatever happens, thank you Rob. Thanks for all the hard work, router swapouts, shoutouts, seemingly random live club-mixes and banter. Thanks for introducing me to so many new artists and keeping me up on new releases by old favs. For bringing me the tunes I need to make it through another soul-sapping day of the nine-to-five routine. For all the times I've whispered "I need my Sanctuary tonight" to the dusty darkness, and there it was, just a click away.

P.S. Whoa, just looked at the datestamps.....wasn't intentionally trying to necro this. My "new posts" link brought this up as recent. Whatevs, it's still relevant.

S A V E Y O U R S A N C T U A R Y ! ! !

Angry Saving Sanctuary radio

Quote Originally Posted by aveluciferi View Post
    To rescue SAnctuary. It has to be a pay site. Members/listeners have to pay each month.
    Stongly believe that if every listener, is charged one buck a month, they wont turn their back on Santuary.
    Santuary have up to 5000 listeners a day. So if half of them abondoned Santuary, it dosent matter. Still income enough, to the good side.
    It can be a problem getting new listeners. But with a free 3 months trial, i dont think that would be a problem
    I think everyone can afford at least $1 if not then there is something wrong with the way people are budgeting. I was off of work for surgery and I still donate.

I totally agree with what you are saying....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456