Sanctuary Radio Shoutbox

Sanctuary Radio.com Visitor Map

Poll: Should we ONLY let donators (of at least $1 or more/month) access the site/streams?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PJ Guest
    Upon further reflection I have realized that I don't want to be one of the people who expects everyone else to pick up the bill for the radio station that she enjoys listening to. So in light of the fact that I have no money to donate that means that I will sadly say goodbye to Sanctuary Radio, I really hope that Rob manages to make the station work and that he is able to get his monthly donations. I honestly think that a subscription service or membership or something along those lines will be the best way to ensure funds on a monthly basis. I wish you luck Rob!

ArchAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Upon further reflection I have realized that I don't want to be one of the people who expects everyone else to pick up the bill for the radio station that she enjoys listening to. So in light of the fact that I have no money to donate that means that I will sadly say goodbye to Sanctuary Radio, I really hope that Rob manages to make the station work and that he is able to get his monthly donations. I honestly think that a subscription service or membership or something along those lines will be the best way to ensure funds on a monthly basis. I wish you luck Rob!
    Leaving the site is not the answer. If everyone did that there wouldn't be a sanctuary. Looking at the names only the same 15 people donate each month. Some can afford it and do. Some can't afford and don't. Some can afford it and won't. If you believe in it, do. I can only afford to donate every other month. The djs here ask for support by advertising and or donating. When I can't donate I post on the internet about the station. I also print out flyers and take them to the clubs. If you can't afford to donate do the other things you can do to help. The more fans of the station we can get here the more here that can afford to donate. I try to donate as much as I can and I know it pays for others to tune in. I'm happy to do that. Abandoning the station and all of the djs hard work here is not the answer.

I don't want anyone to think they should leave if they can't afford to donate. That's not what this place is about AT ALL.

It's about ALL OF US building a community with good people and good tunes that is supportive and helps each other and the scene. With none of the negative BS (like egos and clicks) that you find in a lot of scenes or clubs.

I do ask if you can't donate, at least help promote us or do anything you think you can do to help with the cause. I can't do as much as I wish I could

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    no need to walk off into the world all alone, PJ...dont make a mountain out of a mole hill

izzard Guest
    pj is right. we should all leave this sight and never come back! that will show them!

Quote Originally Posted by izzard View Post
    pj is right. we should all leave this sight and never come back! that will show them!
    If you are going to be a drama queen, then by all means please leave.

Because of all of the spammers that have come out of the closet in the last day, I'm setting the forums back so that only registered users who have verified their email addresses can post. Please register to participate, it is free. If you have any problems registering or verifying your email, please let us know at requests@Sanctuaryradio.com

hey rob i'm confused. are you saying that people who are registered now and over the weekend will have permanent free access, and after that new members have to pay? how exactly is it going to work? I'm asking so I know what to post on my advertisments and stuff

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SelArom View Post
    hey rob i'm confused. are you saying that people who are registered now and over the weekend will have permanent free access, and after that new members have to pay? how exactly is it going to work? I'm asking so I know what to post on my advertisments and stuff

thanks!
    I opened it up so that now and over the weekend, you can tune in without having to log in with an account. Believe or not, we lost half of our listeners because people didn't want to register to listen this week, even though it's free. So I'm trying different things and figuring it out as we go along...

Podcasts?

I do donate when I can, but I've always felt that people would pay (including me) for premium content. Maybe only listener/donaters could have access to something like weekly podcasts. I'd love to have access to (and pay extra for) a collection of Sanctuary Radio shows for long car tips and such...
    Last edited by trbirdsall; 2nd October 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast