Sanctuary Radio Shoutbox

Sanctuary Radio.com Visitor Map

Poll: Should we ONLY let donators (of at least $1 or more/month) access the site/streams?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Podcasts are in the works!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unhappy

Wow i was thinking initially that i wanted to keep the station open to the public because thats the best way of finding more audience for the music and as a musician and fan i'd like for our music to be expanding and not contracting. What i cant understand though is why there is so much vitriol and competitiveness in our communities all over the country. Its sad really. I'll stay a listener of sanctuary no matter what you decide to do Rob. I just wish we'd all grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by amyablume View Post
    Wow i was thinking initially that i wanted to keep the station open to the public because thats the best way of finding more audience for the music and as a musician and fan i'd like for our music to be expanding and not contracting. What i cant understand though is why there is so much vitriol and competitiveness in our communities all over the country. Its sad really. I'll stay a listener of sanctuary no matter what you decide to do Rob. I just wish we'd all grow up.
    From what I've personally witnessed, it's only one or two people in every town that can poison the rest and cause drama. I think if more people stood up to and took care of those one or two, things would be so much better.

hi - a new way for websites to generate revenue is being created by the founders of the pirate bay. more information here:[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8512263.stm"]

something to look into, maybe?

revenue

i still think rewarding donors with a 15 min to 1 hr scrolling shout out or verbal shout on the air over the course of a set period of time is a good way to reward the givers. thus be encouraged to give again.
    my goal is to give $25 per month, except last month you pissed me off when you left the charted waters for other musical offerings which i disliked.
    the other idea is to sell memberships or supporter spots or sell shares in the operation, etc
    just try and try different ideas until somethings clicks.

or something radical... sell ad spots to select clients which fit your accepted principles or goals.

hold on to the dream. it will work out.
    stephen of montreal quebec

As a "starving college student" without a credit card, I'd be pretty saddened if Sanctuary Radio were no longer available to me. Honestly, if you knocked on my dorm room door I'd be able to hand you a dollar in coins if nothing else, but I currently lack a way to pay for a subscription online. Sanctuary Radio is the only radio station I listen to (you're awesome!). So while I really do understand you need funding, I just want to offer a reminder that not everyone who listens without paying is a cheapskate. ^^; Keep being awesome, and good luck!

Wouldn't recommend pay-for-play due to the fact that certain web-enabled devices do not support account logons*. Plus, having the site open for all to listen will bring in more listeners/potential donors via word of mouth/facebook. Though, I'm quite amazed I got my boss hooked on the tunes.

*Grace media player, Roku M1001, and etc.

DJ Rob,

I read your response that you can't find people to advertise and put commercials on your site. I find this hard to beleive.

I listen to several different online radio stations, one of which is a metal station (everything from death metal to Rammstein) and they have commercials. They are annoying and its the same ones over and over again but they probably pay the bills.

If you get 5000 listeners a day or whatever, that should be the only thing that makes or breaks their decision to advertise with you. Numbers are what matter, not what type of music you play.

Maybe talk to other radio station owners and see if they have any advice/input.

Good luck.

You guys don't play enough VNV Nation! What's up with that?!!!

MORE VNV NATION DAMN IT!

Exclamation whoops

rob, just ran across this post.....
    funny how i was just thinking about mailing you about how you are the most un-egotisitical dj i have ever ''known''
    anyways to the point of this post....
    i have never donated to any, any, any, site i have visited but your retro station is so unfuckingbelievable that i had no choice.
    one buck is no excuse not to donate.
    maybe make only donors able to request?
    (i love that my requests get played but i liked it even more when they were played in blocks)
    rob, youre awesome!
    chin up!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast