Sanctuary Radio Shoutbox

Sanctuary Radio.com Visitor Map

Poll: Should we ONLY let donators (of at least $1 or more/month) access the site/streams?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I could dump some folders somewhere around the clubs i come. I dont go very often because i live from 50 a week. I just cant afford to pay =( I would be devistated if i cant listen sanctuary radio tbh. I listen to it almost 24/7. Its my harbor.

Flyers!

If you want me to send you some flyers to distribute around to clubs, etc., just let me know! I'll mail them to you. Email me your name & mailing address to contact@SanctuaryRadio.com

I vaguely remember some sites providing a higher quality stream for users who paid and a "FM quality" stream for everyone else... I wonder if that model would work?

Wow, holy necro-post Batman... I saw someone talking about the poll in the Shoutbox and didn't pay attention to the last post date.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 19th November 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: DoH!

I wouldn't charge each person. I would recommend doing what other online stations do in offering a $5 monthly subscription where paying members have access to a higher bit rate stream, are entered into monthly draws, and have access to exclusive content, like a chat room in lieu of the "Shoutbox". I would even up the anti by including the paying members in monthly or even bi-weekly content advisors, where paying members get to give their input on new content being added to the stations, and their personal content addition recommendations take pressidence over non-paying and donating members. You can even set it up so the subscription is automatically renewed each month. And have a feature where if you pay a Full Year in advance you get 3 months free and/or a free Sanctuary T-Shirt and/or a thank you phone call from the DJ of their choice. HAHAHA

Yes. I've been mulling this over since I first joined the site. Just didn't know how to go about approaching Rob about it, until now.

DJ Rob....
    What about stickers???? Would gladly stick some street lights and stuff with them. They're harder to get rid of then flyers too.
    Last edited by Optikal Illuzion; 28th November 2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote DJ Rob's post

Quote Originally Posted by Optikal Illuzion View Post
    I wouldn't charge each person. I would recommend doing what other online stations do in offering a $5 monthly subscription where paying members have access to a higher bit rate stream, are entered into monthly draws, and have access to exclusive content, like a chat room in lieu of the "Shoutbox". I would even up the anti by including the paying members in monthly or even bi-weekly content advisors, where paying members get to give their input on new content being added to the stations, and their personal content addition recommendations take pressidence over non-paying and donating members. You can even set it up so the subscription is automatically renewed each month. And have a feature where if you pay a Full Year in advance you get 3 months free and/or a free Sanctuary T-Shirt and/or a thank you phone call from the DJ of their choice. HAHAHA

A higher bit rate stream would cost us a lot more money to do. We already stream at 128k/48khz which is CD quality. The other stuff you mentioned may be doable. ;-)

I have stickers coming hopefully in the first few months of 2013, once I can afford to pay all of the taxes on the donations... yep, in addition to Paypal, the IRS also gets their cut.

No, please, don't move to commercial. True fans will donate anyway, but where there will be new fans, if ONLY donators will have access to the site/streams?
    Keep the previous speaker to only donators can make requests.
    Last edited by demon_infernal; 30th October 2014 at 08:15 PM.
    Es gibt keinen Himmel
    Jedes Herz ein Verlies

Can you make it that only those who donate are able to request songs?

I'd suggest that instead of going for traditional advertising, see if you can get some of the cool clubs and venues, like Denver's Milk Bar, for example, or maybe shops like Fashionation here in Denver, to sponsor Sanctuary Radio - these are places that want to draw alternative/goth business.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast