Sanctuary Radio Shoutbox

Sanctuary Radio.com Visitor Map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What should we do with our Alternative 80s Channel?

I want to thank you for listening and supporting Sanctuary Radio!
    Our Main Channel is stronger and has more listeners than ever! But our Alternative 80s Channel has seen a drop in listeners over the last 6 months and we are thinking some changes are probably needed.
    So we want YOUR opinion about what we should do with the channel!
    Is there another music format you want us to do instead?
    Should we keep it the same with some tweaks? What kind of tweaks would you suggest?
    Without your opinion, we will probably just take it off the air so please give us your input in this thread!

is it going to cut down on cost?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks731 View Post
    is it going to cut down on cost?
    If we turn the channel off?
    Not really since as the Main Channel has grown in listeners, I've been reallocating most of our streaming from the 80s Channel to the Main Channel. We are charged on our streaming per listener and the streaming is our biggest cost.

If we keep it on and the listenership goes up, it will actually cost us more since we will need more listener slots.

Ah...that's what has happened to the main channel, I used to turn the volume way up to annoy the neighbors but now there's always some mellow 80's song stuck in there and they like it
    Basically the 80's channel plays too much normal stuff and not enough alternative/new wave/punk stuff. I would listen until I started hearing Wham and Simply Red

I do love Sanctuary still, I'll just turn it down for those songs I don't like

Quote Originally Posted by angelnoir1111 View Post
    Ah...that's what has happened to the main channel, I used to turn the volume way up to annoy the neighbors but now there's always some mellow 80's song stuck in there and they like it
    Basically the 80's channel plays too much normal stuff and not enough alternative/new wave/punk stuff. I would listen until I started hearing Wham and Simply Red

I do love Sanctuary still, I'll just turn it down for those songs I don't like
    We haven't changed the Main Channel so you may try reconnecting using the updated links on our front page. Maybe you getting another station? Make sure you click the Main Channel links instead of the Alternative 80s Channel links

And I did make sure we weren't playing Wham or Simply Red on the Alternative 80s Channel as well

Please Don't Shut Down the 80's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rob View Post
    Without your opinion, we will probably just take it off the air so please give us your input in this thread!
    I cannot really think of any tweaks that would make listening to the 80's channel any better as I love it the way it is. I honestly can't stand the thought of losing it!

Please let us know what we can do to help keep it on.

Cool Tweaks...

Hi Rob, thanks for asking for my input. Frankly I don't listen to the alternative 80s channel when on the laptop, I'm usually opening up the main channel. Guess maybe do theme hours? Brit punk/US New Wave/all Blondie/Devo/insert band of choice? Ska! there we go!

good question..

I personally don't know. I tuned in a few times the music is good, its definitely my first choice when i'm in the mood for a lil 80s. I guess maybe i would tune in a bit more often if it was on iTunes its just easier for me.

Talking

i actually like the 80's channel. If i wereto offer any suggestions, i would definitely look for more obscure 80's music.

errm...

To echo what someone else said, I don't really listen to the 80's station often because I use iTunes to stream the Main Channel (which I generally prefer because there is more obscure 80's played on that channel anyway). The idea of themed hours is a really good one. However streaming the 80's channel on iTunes might be useful too... Unless it already is and I just didn't find it. Using iTunes is a lot easier at times and I think more people are prone to use that then finding your site on the internet.

Also, I don't recall seeing much promotion for the 80's channel itself or 80's music at all. I think I only remember seeing banners 'n such for the Main Channel. If you look at the top of the SR homepage itself it doesn't even mention 80's it says "Alternative Darkwave EBM Electro Industrial Goth".

Anyway, that's my two cents...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast